home contents insurance

Home contents insurance covers your belongings. E.g. against theft, fire or water. The price depends on the size of your flat but is usually only a few € a month

Your belongings are covered by household insurance.
Home contents insurance protects the belongings in your home, while liability insurance pays for damage you cause to third parties, wherever you are.
Depending on the size of your home and the amount of coverage you want, rates also start at €2.5 per month.


who needs this insurance?

Household insurance makes sense if you own valuable things and want to protect them from damages through e.g. water, fire, lightning or theft. It also makes sense if you own an expensive bike to protect it against theft.

what does it cost?

The price depends on the size of your apartment. For a 60m2 apartment the cost would roughly be €5 a month.

what is covered?

Household contents insurance covers all movable things in your house or apartment. This includes:

  • Furniture, rugs, carpets, and decorations
  • Clothing
  • Electrical appliances
  • Cash and valuables like jewellery
  • Your bike (even, when locked outside)